Another beer recipe that is as simple to prepare as it is delicious. This recipe is guaranteed to fill your home with aromas that will make your mouth water.
Just the stuff you need
- 1 beef brisket (about 3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider, divided
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated, slightly crushed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 to 4 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer
- 10 to 12 sourdough sandwich rolls, halved
What to do with that stuff
Place brisket, 1/2 cup cider, garlic, peppercorns, thyme, mustard seed, Cajun seasoning, cumin, celery seed, allspice and cloves in large resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate; marinate overnight.
Place brisket and marinade in slow cooker. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups apple cider and beer. Cover. Cook on low 10 hours or until brisket is tender. Strain sauce; pour over meat. Slice brisket and place on sandwich rolls.
source: Cooking With Beer